Many years ago, people started using straws as their bed, yes the ones like the animals used. It then evolved to beds that used fabrics, then pillows are invented and people started to sleep on padded cloths. Then came the invention of beds with wooden frame, with ropes or leathers as support and still, a bag of straws for mattresses.
Detailed and elegant beds were then considered as sign of wealth, and the development continues. Latex mattresses were introduced, waterbeds, soft sprung mattresses, and a lot were introduced hence the variety of mattresses that you see nowadays. Mattress design and construction has come a long way and who would have thought that today you can already purchase a mattress-in-a-box online that can be delivered right at your doorstep.
How Long has Dreamcloud Mattress Been Around?
Dreamcloud mattress is one of the most popular mattresses today. It debuted in 2017, and it is known for its durability and the luxurious feel and finish of the mattress. The pillow top and the cashmere cover makes it stand out and add to the luxurious feel of the mattress.
It is constructed from 15” of foam and supportive coils wrapped in a very fine cashmere with double tufted construction. If offers a balance of comfort and support since it has many layers of high-density foams and a pocketed coil system. Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, Dreamcloud is lightweight and very easy to move.
Dreamcloud offers 365-night sleep trial. It is manufactured in China and shipped from fulfilment centers in Washington state. They aim to bring luxury hybrid mattresses to the direct-to-consumer market at an affordable price.
When Should you Replace your Mattress?
Aside from the daily wear and tear it is just right to replace your mattress if you see and feel changes in your sleeping pattern, discomfort when lying in your mattress and if you keep tossing and turning all night. Allergens and dust mites can also be one of the many reasons to replace your mattress especially if you have allergies or respiratory conditions. A mattress normally has a lifespan of approximately 8 years, depending on the type and quality of your mattress.
Below are some other signs to help you determine when to replace your mattress:
- Your allergies has worsened. Dust mites and allergens can accumulate on your mattress. Regular vacuum and clean up could help but if it does not help at all maybe it’s time for change.
- Reduced motion transfer. If you can feel every move of your partner, every time your partner tosses and turns, then that’s a sign. Older mattresses reduces its ability to reduce motion transfer.
- Squeaking springs. If there are noisy springs when you move it is a sign that the coils are worn and no longer providing the support they should.
- Sore and stiff muscle. If your mattress is no longer comfortable and not supporting your body properly you could wake up with body aches. A new mattress can reduce back pain and improve sleep.
- You don’t feel rested when you wake. An old mattress can contribute for feeling drowsy during the day and if you are waking up tired and felt like you did not sleep at all.
Benefits of a Good Night’s Sleep
A good night’s sleep is essential for helping your body function at its best. Below are reasons why good uninterrupted sleep is important:
- Reduces Stress
- Improves your memory
- Can improve concentration and productivity
- Lessens risk of heart disease and stroke
- Improves your immune system
- Lessens risk of having depression
- Can lower your blood pressure
- Improves emotional and social interactions
- Reduce chances of diabetes
- Reduces link to weight gain
Get quality sleep!
We spend a third of our life in bed, and getting a good uninterrupted sleep is very important to our physical and emotional health. Investing in a good quality mattress isn’t something you should think twice about. If you want to have a good slumber, invest in an excellent quality mattress and it will surely help you to have a quality sleep.